City leaders across the UK have pledged to secure the future for their communities by committing to shifting to 100% clean energy by 2050.
This is not just good for the planet but for the people they serve. Local leaders are working together to create the circumstances in which communities can flourish, seizing the opportunities of technology to create jobs and establishing a nationwide project of renewal, focussed on local needs and ambitions.
Purpose Climate Lab and The European Climate Foundation are supporting the growing network of network of cities and local authorities that have made the same commitment: the UK100.
Don’t see your local authority below? To find out about joining, email us on email@example.com
In order to make the pledge a reality, the network members will:
- Devise plans to achieve 100% clean energy at city/local level by 2050 that are ambitious, cost effective and take the public and business with them.
- Work with business allies, bringing private and public sector together
- Collaborate across a peer-to-peer network, learning from each other
- Deliver climate action by promoting co-benefits of economic growth and health and well-being
- Work together to influence national policy
- Make material contribution to emissions reductions
– Cheshire West & Chester
– County Durham
– East Dunbartonshire
– Redcar and Cleveland
– South Tyneside
– St Helens
– Tower Hamlets
– Waltham Forest